Watching Mogely skate the 3 block is true art. Everything about his entire process is something we believe everyone needs to see. That’s why in the video below, we had Mogely destroy the 3 block with one of his favorite tricks and impart to us some nollie back heel wisdom. We’re so excited to give you a little glimpse of what it’s like skating and filming with Mogely, so buckle up and enjoy the ride. Take notes folks, because you might just learn something!
How to Nollie Backside 180 Heelflip the Easiest Way
- Ride at a comfortable speed with your feet in the appropriate nollie back heel position.
- Your front foot should be on the nose with the ball of your foot in the heelside pocket of the nose.
- Your back foot should be near the middle of the board, with the ball of your foot on the toeside edge of the board and your toes hanging off slightly.
- As you pop the nose down, start turning your head and shoulders backside.
- As soon as you’ve popped the nose and started to turn, flick forward with the heel of your back foot.
- Suck your knees up as you jump, spot the grip, catch the board, and finish the 180 rotation if necessary.
- Bend your knees to absorb the impact and roll away switch…FIRST TRY!
Mogely’s Tips on Skating Stairs and Gaps
- Choose tricks that you’re comfortable with. (Watch the video to see why Mogely feels so comfortable with nollie back heels!)
- When you’ve decided on a trick, gain momentum by doing an ollie down the obstacle first. Follow this up with another few ollies. This will help you understand how it feels to roll away from a bigger obstacle.
- If you believe in yourself, you’ll be surprised at what you can do. It also helps to have people who support you. That’s why we want you to know that everyone here at Braille supports YOU in your skateboarding. We believe in you, and you should too!
Get everything you need to get started and or progress in your skateboarding at www.brailleskateboarding.com/. Now get out there and SKATE!